About the event
The World of Jazz Festival is not just about jazz music. It's about empowering artists and bringing a unique experience for people in Brampton.
It provides inclusive and diverse opportunities for a currently grassroots music scene to interact and identify on an artistic, social, and municipal level.
Brampton is the ninth largest city in Canada, and also one of the most ethnically diverse. The same profusion of styles and cultures is what makes jazz music so appealing and inclusive. The World of Jazz Festival is the place where it all connects.
A two-day event:
Friday Sept 7th: Opening Night Concert featuring JUNO Nominated Pianist Michael Kaeshammer and his band at the Rose Theatre.
Saturday Sept 8th: Admission-free performances on the JN Realty Mainstage and SL75 Substage (sponsor TBD) in Garden Square, Long & McQuade musical petting zoo (demonstration area) and performance space in Vivian Lane., assorted duos and trios in various downtown restaurants during dinner hours, and the very popular late night jam sessions on both levels of Wendel Clark's Classic Grill.
“One Song, One Hour”: Participants pre-register to have a song professionally recorded, mixed, and mastered by a visiting audio engineer, free of charge, in the professional recording studio located in the Chinguacousy Branch Library.
The Knights Table: Returning for 2018 to conduct a food drive for their food bank program.
Why should you sponsor?
Top 10 Reasons to Sponsor:
1. Investing into an event stream nationally proven in artistic excellence, economic impact, and cultural awareness.
2. Building capacity and support for the not-for-profit work of B-Jazzed, whom is the presenting sponsor of this Festival.
3. Take pride in creating and sustaining an annual and growing festival, knowing that it would be impossible to do so without your support.
4. Brand promotion and exposure in the ninth largest, and second fastest growing city in Canada.
5. Join businesses of whom over 95% are renewing their support for this second year.
6. Contributing towards an admission-free event building municipal pride and identity.
7. Promotion between print materials, social media advertising, radio, and day-of, ensuring maximum brand exposure.
8. Meet JUNO & GRAMMY nominated and winning artists.
9. Enjoy a day of fantastic music amidst residents and visitors of diverse cultures and stylistic tastes.
10. HAVE FUN!!!!!
B-Jazzed was founded in Brampton as a non-for-profit organization in September, 2016, upon a core vision of curating performances, promoting education, community engagement, and a respect for the various abilities and styles of jazz music and its musicians.
B-Jazzed exists to support students, musicians, and jazz listeners, with opportunities, collaborations, and guidance within their various projects and initiatives, while preserving the heritage of jazz music.
In addition to the various initiatives it conducts throughout the year, B-Jazzed is proud to have founded and hosts the annual World of Jazz Festival in downtown Brampton.
Our 2017 Festival proved to be a lucrative and highly engaging event for Brampton and its residents, and also a successful experience of professionalism and artistic freedom for the performers. Since then, B-Jazzed has offered education series with its Monday night Composition Classes, monthly BL Studio Series, philanthropy, and performances, including Joe’s Jazz Jam on Friday nights at Wendel Clark’s, Jazz @ J.Red on Sunday nights, and culminating with the annual World of Jazz Festival.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer