About the event
THE ILLUMINATI BALL RETURNS
Critically acclaimed intimate immersive event from Cynthia von Buhler, inspired by
the Rothschilds’ infamous 1972 Surrealist Ball, greatly expands in its second incarnation
(January 1, 2018) For the past two years, Cynthia von Buhler and her team have transported adventurous theatergoers from Manhattan to a secluded lakefront estate outside of the city for an intimate theatrical event, The Illuminati Ball: An Immersive Excursion. A much larger urban version of the ball, for one thousand guests, will take place on Friday, February 23, 2018 at the Weylin in Brooklyn. Formerly the home of a prominent New York bank (the bank’s vault remains on display on the premises), the Weylin recently underwent a $27 million restoration to restore this former monument to money to its 1875 glory.
The Illuminati Ball—New York City is a surreal immersive theater experience inspired by leaked photos from the Baron and Baroness de Rothschilds’ legendary 1972 fete, which drew elaborately masked guests such as Salvador Dali and Audrey Hepburn to the powerful couple’s mansion in France. Von Buhler’s version of the ball explores the myth and mystery of the Illuminati in conjunction with a powerful story about modern-day medical experimentation. Guests will be invited to take part in esoteric ritual ceremonies throughout the 6,500 square foot space, featuring eclectic music, provocative dance and daring performances unfolding continuously across three floors of interactive Illuminati-inspired rooms.
Upon arrival, guests enter into The Dressing Room where they will choose a unique mask to wear for the evening (and which they may take home afterwards as a memento of the night’s adventure). VIP initiates enter directly into The Domed Ballroom to choose their mask – and they are given an Illuminati ring allowing access to the secret third floor.
The event is written, produced, curated, designed and directed by Cynthia von Buhler, creator of the acclaimed Speakeasy Dollhouse immersive theater experiences, which to date have included three shows exploring mysterious Prohibition-era deaths and murders: The Bloody Beginning, The Brothers Booth, and Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic. The event is co-produced and managed by PJ Mead, with choreography and co-curation by Delysia La Chatte. Dara Swisher is the Stage Manager. The evening features special guest collaborations and appearances occurring throughout the historic bank. Featured performers include Vincent Cinque (Baron Guy de Rothschild), Luka Fric (Vacanti), Katie Kat (Parthenope), Countess Eden Atencio (Kahmadhenu), Travis Moore (Chumanzee), Maria Rusolo (Baroness Helene de Rothschild a.k.a. Demeter) and Justin Moore (Douglas).
Some other highlights of the evening:
- Delysia La Chatte, Speakeasy Dollhouse’s choreographer directs The Initiation, written by Cynthia von Buhler, and The Tableaux throughout the evening in The Domed Ballrooms and dances The Chair Dance on the main stage in The Domed Ballroom.
- Katherine Crockett, star of the hit immersive show The Queen of the Night and member of the Martha Graham Dance Company, presents The Portal in The Vault and dances The Initiation on the stage in The Domed Ballroom.
- The recently deceased hip-hop legend Prodigy of Mobb Deep wrote and recorded a poignant welcome song specifically for the production with opera singer Katie Kat. Kat performs the song in The Domed Ballroom with dance by Delysia La Chatte.
- Actress, director and model Syrie Moskowitz will be recreating an intimate version of the Rothschilds’ party in The Trustee Room and Victorian Parlor on the third floor, accessible by an antique birdcage elevator presided over by an accordion-wielding elevator operator.
- Ventiko will stage animal tableaux featuring Dexter, a peacock, and other creatures.
- The Haiku Guys and Gals will interview guests and type out personal haikus on antique typewriters in The President’s Office Suite.
- Jonathan Sims’ Chromadetic interactive projections will be on view throughout the building.
- Burlesque performer Zoe Ziegfeld will dance with her live python, Fantasia, on The Aerial Stage.
- The Lost Boys aerial troupe will perform Caged Bird and Meine Lippen, Sie Küssen So Heiss from the aerial stage in The Domed Ballroom Entrance with Katie Kat.
- Countess Eden Atencio will bathe with guests in her breast-milk bath in The President’s Office.
- Leo Abel, Marcela Coberlini, Natti Vogel, Misc Allaneous Dom Top, Perle Noire, Pythagoras, Kathryn Kendall, Madame Rosebud, Pearls Daily, Celeste Hudson, Audrey Love, Carolyn Chiu, Haleigh Ciel, Cliff Fuller, Erick Szentmiklosy, Daniel Zaltsman, Lisa Ann, Jonathan Goldberg, Bella Jalet, Lady Blaze, Falana Fox, Lucy Rezu, and Ruby Merchant perform on both stages in The Domed Ballroom and will interact one-on-one with guests in The Speakeasy.
The evening will feature a cash bar with gourmet sandwiches.
What: The Illuminati Ball—New York City
Where: Weylin, 175 Broadway, Brooklyn
When: Friday, February 23, 2018, 8PM – 11PM (VIP entry at 7:30PM)
Tickets: $100 per person. Note: VIP tickets, priced at $200 each, have already sold out.
Ticket Link: http://www.theilluminatiball.com/tickets
The evening contains some nudity and adult themes and is 21+.
For information, interviews, or photos contact:
*****@****.*** or text 646-221-5239
High resolution images are available for press download at: https://imgur.com/a/K6KBn
Press videos are available for press download at: https://vimeo.com/album/4936051
Why should you sponsor?
The Illuminati Ball is immersive and involves and engage the audience members. Connecting your brand to ours adds mystery and excitement to your product. Brand integration with us would help you reach influential and wealthy tastemakers in the New York City area. The perfect sponsor would be looking to show that their product is exciting, mysterious and sexy.
Cynthia von Buhler
Cynthia von Buhler is an American artist, playwright and author. Von Buhler’s award-winning paintings, sculptures, and photographs have been displayed in galleries and solo museum exhibits around the world. Her work has been featured in books, magazines, and newspapers from Rolling Stone to The New York Times. Art & Antiques named von Buhler as "one of the top contemporary surrealists.” Von Buhler's work is in hundreds of museum and personal collections. Her books have been published Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Viking and Random House. She is currently writing and illustrating a Prohibition-era comic book series, Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Handcuffed Houdini, for Titan Comics. Speakeasy Dollhouse, a project focusing on her grandfather’s mysterious murder, features noir photographs of dolls in an elaborate 1:12 scale speakeasy set built by the artist. In addition, the project is a hit play running continuously in New York City since 2011. The dreamlike theatrical installation created by von Buhler mirrors her dollhouse sets and the play blurs the lines between audience and actor. Von Buhler’s other productions are The Illuminati Ball (ongoing), Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic (Liberty Theater in Times Square) and The Brothers Booth (The Players Club). www.cynthiavonbuhler.com
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer