About the event
Success 1st, Inc., is an all-volunteer, New Jersey-based 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates peer-led programs for youth. Active in the community since 2012, Success 1st programs encourage hundreds of adolescents annually to make healthy decisions contributing to a safer, healthier community.
Adolescence is a time of rapid change as young adults face complex academic, cultural, emotional and social challenges. Many vulnerable children and youth have not developed a personal compass by which to make healthy decisions and achieve their dreams. The goal of Success 1st, Inc. is to help support the emotional health of youth so that can develop that compass and be safe, smart and successful citizens.
Success 1st programs are open to all youth and young adults ages 12 – 18 years of age. Success 1st meets twice each month for educational meetings which focus om 3 primary areas:
- Personal Responsibility – Emphasis on sound decision making, goal Setting, planning.
- Civic Engagement - Self-worth, respect for others and community collaborations.
- Communication (Interpersonal & Intergenerational) - Critical conversation skills that are key to personal success and healthy relationships.
Success 1st provides a platform for youth to take an active role in developing topics, speaking before an audience and facilitating educational sessions. A few benefits for the youth working on this effort include gaining useful knowledge, building self-confidence and developing transferable skills.
The 5th Annual presentation of “Let’s Talk, Listen & Bond” will occur on Saturday, June 29, 2019. This year, Success 1st is proud to partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Gloucester County, NJ. The youth of the Gloucester County Boys & Girls clubs have attended previous events and are poised to take a more active role. This intergenerational event targets adolescent youth and adult supporters of youth. In 2018, the rating for this event averaged 4.8 out of 5. Not only that, 4 years in a row 100% of attendees would recommend Success 1st.
Through our interaction with young adults, Success 1st has learned first-hand just how challenging it is to discuss high-risk behavior and activities with parents. Instead, they communicate their confusion or fear with friends who are likely just as perplexed. By bringing youth and adults who support them together on June 29, 2019, we aim to promote healthy communication, improve relationships, inspire positive direction in support of sound decision making, stronger families and a healthier community.
Why should you sponsor?
Through the sponsorship of Let's Talk, Listen & Bond, sponsors will get thousands of direct impressions and at least 8 months of online presence via our website.l Be seen/acknowledged by thousands of individuals before the event ever takes place.
Service area Southern NJ Counties of Camden, Gloucester, Burlington, Salem and Cumberland with reach to the Greater Philadelphia, PA Region including New Castle County, DE.
- Online and social media promotion via the Success 1st website, facebook page, twitter, Eventbrite, Google Ads among others.
- Inclusion on 500 posters clearly visible in public spaces including educational institutions, libraries, and stores just to name a few.
- Targeted mail to area schools, public service organizations, churches, religious and youth organizations as well as individuals.
- Visibility during community events where Success 1st will set up a display and personally invite the community to our June events.
- Viewed by community leaders during scheduled meetings with area school boards, public service organizations and similar.
- Public mention during scheduled Rowan Radio appearances and other TV or radio appearance that may be scheduled in the future.
- Public mention and visibility during the specific Success 1st community event Let's Talk, Listen & Bond.
I am Sharnice A. Jones, MPH, the Founder, and Executive Director of Success 1st, Inc., a charitable organization that started in 2012 during my senior year of high school. The short story, I was challenged by the words of a relative about her reality leaving with HIV. What followed was an award-winning essay which became a book, which funded the foundation of my vision for charity to help youth good better decisions so they will be safe, smart and successful. Success 1st wants to see a world where youth will have the tools they need to make sound decisions, thrive in a multigenerational society and be successful, contributing citizens. "Let's Talk, Listen & Bond" provides a platform for youth to encourage youth. This same event offers adults an opportunity to hear the opinions and suggests strategies for engaging more effectively with youth. I am incredibly proud of our signature event, of the 2019 production partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Gloucester County, our selfless Trustees and of the other work Success 1st does every day! I hope you will support this effort. In doing so, you will be making an important investment in youth and our community. Thank you for your consideration!
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer