About the event
Let’s Dance International Frontiers
Launching each year on 29 April to celebrate International Dance Day, LDIF brings diversity to the forefront in dance with a 10-day festival showcasing new work from local emerging talent to internationally acclaimed companies. Three dedicated platforms (Signatures, Autograph and Biography) support artistic development at different career stages. The programme also includes a national conference, films, workshops, site-specific projects and performances.
Let’s Dance International Frontiers 2019 will celebrate 9 years of bringing innovative dance from around the world to Leicester. LDIF19 celebrates the theme of Black Dance: A Contemporary Voice with a festival filled with discussion, performances, workshops and film.
The line-up will feature artists from Haiti, Japan, Italy, USA, and Zimbabwe, exploring contemporary dance that has grown out of African and African Caribbean dance aesthetics.
Why should you sponsor?
By sponsoring the festival you can expect to reach an audience that is:
• Well educated and professional in their field
• Diverse in culture and age
• Engaged in community events
• Willing to travel to seek out new opportunities
- 2018 saw LDIF's first press launch event held a month prior to the festival The Place in London, allowing us to run early previews of the festival
- Brochure distribution of over 10,000 copies across Leicester, Leicestershire and nationally Local coverage in press including the Leicester Mercury and Visit Leicester
- National coverage in the British Theatre Guide, One Dance UK and Dancing Times
- International coverage on Broadway World online
- LDIF was profiled along with interview with the artistic director of Serendipity for BBC Radio Leicester
- Our artists were presented on 11 JC Decaux poster sites in Leicester throughout the festival
- Key images and branding were projected on the the side of the Ramada Hotel in Leicester creating a huge visual aid
- Critic and blog coverage online from CarpedeEmmie and Graham Watts – the chairman of the Critics Circle, Dance Division, saw a huge spike in social media with such influential characters supporting us.
Serendipity is an internationally connected social enterprise that actively changes the UK artistic and cultural landscape with an innovative and inspiring high-quality programme. Serendipity fosters innovative new work from artists, both emerging and established, bringing diversity to the forefront of cultural experiences for all.
Let's Dance International Frontiers is a platform that allows it audiences to discover new and innovative work across different cultures and styles. Our audience's most popular reason for attending is professional development as they are often already involved in the arts.
LDIF programmes unique and diverse work which is clearly reflected in our audiences and event attendees. The range of events strikes up interest from the local area, outside the County and in 2018 we have seen a rise in our international audiences.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer