About the event
On 11-13 November, Amputee Football Association Scotland will host its inaugural International invitational amputee football tournament at Edinburgh's Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre. Four national teams will go head to head over the weekend, showcasing the skills of these phenomenal athletes at Europe's largest indoor football venue.
We're seeking a title sponsor for this event, who can enjoy mutual benefits, exposure and of course the knowledge of enabling this momentous tournament to take place. In particular, financial support would be used towards the costs of accommodation, venue hire and airport transfer costs for our guests from Israel, Belgium and Ireland.
Teams will arrive on Friday 11 November, with games being played on Saturday and Sunday, with medals presented at 5pm on Sunday 13th. 16 people per team will be attending the tournament. On the Saturday night we hope, if funds allow, to take our guest teams to a location in Edinburgh to showcase the sights of Edinburgh and enjoy some traditional Scottish hospitality.
As is customary for such international tournaments, as host we are obliged to fund all accommodation, meals and airport transfers, in addition to venue hire costs.
This will be the first event of this kind in Scotland and will be shared across all our social media channels, in addition to Scottish ParaFootball and those of the Scottish FA.
Why should you sponsor?
Sponsoring this event will bring a number of advantages to a sponsor company:
- opportunity for staff of sponsor company to volunteer and help at the event, thereby meeting CSR needs
- opportunity to engage with Scottish national team players prior to the event, invite them to talk to your employees about resilience
- showcase your company's willingness to support charitable causes and the disability football community
- enjoy benefits of being mentioned and tagged in all social media posts across Amputee Football Association Scotland's social media channels prior to and during the weekend of the tournament, which would also be shared on Scottish FA's Scottish ParaFootball social channels
- opportunity to erect signage and branding at the venue throughout the tournament weekend
- opportunity to place literature/adverts or product in player goody bags
- invitation for staff to attend the tournament matches
- invitation to present medals after the final match on Sunday 13th
- photo call with players and press release prior to event to announce sponsorship to media, and on final day of tournament
- opportunity to brand plastic water bottles presented to players on arrival
- opportunity for cideo interview/Q&A between a sponsor company employee and Scotland captain for use across social media channels
My name is Ashley Reid, and I am CEO and founder of Amputee Football Association Scotland, a charity I set up in 2017 to bring the sport to Scotland. Amputee Football has existed in England for more than 35 years, and in many other countries, but did not previously exist in Scotland. I am also COO of Scottish ParaFootball, the Scottish FA's parafootball charity and governing body for disability football, and an advocate for equality, diversity and inclusion in the beautiful game and in society generally. I believe everyone should have the opportunity to play football regardless of the physical or mental challenges they face in their everyday lives, and to enjoy the social, health and psychological benefits it provides. Amputee Football Association Scotland is recognised by the Scottish FA and Scottish ParaFootball as the leading body for amputee football in Scotland. I sit on the Scottish FA's Non-Professional Game Board and Congress.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer