Who Are We?
We are a group of North American-based fans of the TV show Hannibal (affectionately referred to by the show's producers and cast as "Fannibals") who have incorporated as a non-profit social club/organization. It is our goal to promote the visual and literary arts community that surrounds the show AND to host an annual Hannibal convention in North America. It is our goal to encourage attending guest artists to be more pro-active in sharing their work with the public and provide them with a receptive audience, to encourage all attendees to seek their own artistic outlet, to create an environment of acceptance regardless of background and to celebrate the creativity and inspiration that we see in the Hannibal television program.
The directors of Fannibal Fest - Toronto come from a varied background of experience which allows us to draw upon our individual skills and specific talents to create an event oriented to our target audience. We consider our target audience to be predominantly female, educated, well-read, open-minded, culturally receptive and accepting of all types of persons.
Plans for this event includes:
• HANNIBAL Cast Appearances, Q&As, Autograph Sessions and Photo Ops.
• Academic Panels - Discussion of social and psychological themes in Hannibal, as evidenced in visual and written aspect of the television production.
• Culinary Demonstrations by Janice Poon, HANNIBAL Food Stylist
• Special Effects Panels
• Bus Tour of Production/Filming Locations
• Feeding Hannibal Banquet with Cast Members hosted by Janice Poon, HANNIBAL Food Stylist and author of Feeding Hannibal Cookbook
• Vendor/Exhibit Hall - to feature the works of various new artist and a display props from the show.
• Awards Dinner - Featuring peer reviewed awards to honor the artistic and literary contributions of those in the community.
• Interactive Activities and Workshops