About the event
There are as many models for valuing stocks and businesses as there are analysts doing valuations. While we often talk about the differences across valuation models, we seldom talk about what they share in common. In this seminar, we hope to emphasize the shared foundations of valuation approaches and how to bridge differences among them. The first part of the seminar will cover the discounted cash flow valuation, and the estimation issues that come up when estimating discount rates, cash flows and expected growth. In addition, it will look at value enhancement through the prism of discounted cash flow models. The second part of the seminar will focus on what we term the loose ends in valuation and follow up by looking at “difficult – to – value” companies across the spectrum (life cycle, sectors). The third part of the seminar will examine relative valuation, i.e., the valuation of assets/businesses by looking at how similar assets/businesses are priced by the market
MEET OUR EXPERT
Aswath Damodaran is the Kerschner Family Chair Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University. He teaches the corporate finance and valuation courses in the MBA program. He received his MBA and Ph.D from the University of California at Los Angeles. His research interests lie in valuation, portfolio management and applied corporate finance. He has published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics and the Review of Financial Studies.
He has written four books on valuation (Damodaran on Valuation, Investment Valuation, The Dark Side of Valuation, The Little Book of Valuation), and two on corporate finance (Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice, Applied Corporate Finance: A User’s Manual). He has co – edited a book on investment management with Peter Bernstein (Investment Management), has a book on investment philosophies (Investment Philosophies) and one on “can’t miss” investment strategies, titled Investment Fables. He also has a book on the relationship between risk and value, Strategic Risk Taking, which takes a big picture view of how risk management affects value. Aswath was a visiting lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley, from 1984 to 1986, where he received the Earl Cheit Outstanding Teaching Award in 1985.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- The mix of basic valuation techniques & applications provided in this seminar will appeal to a widely diverse audience.
- Equity research analysts, who are interested in examining alternatives to the multiples that they use or the linkage to discounted cash flow models
- Corporate financial officers, who want to understand the details of valuation, either because they are planning acquisitions or are interested in value enhancement strategies for their firms
- Analysts involved in mergers and acquisitions, who would like to acquire a wider repertoire of valuation skills
- Portfolio Managers who are interested in the effects of corporate restructuring on firm value, and the implications for portfolio management.
- Anyone interested in valuation
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Value any kind of firm in any market, using discounted cash flow models (small and large, private and public)
- Value a firm using multiples and comparable firms
- Analyze and critique the use of multiples in valuation
- Value “problem” firms, such as financially troubled firms and start – up firms
- Estimate the effect on value of restructuring a firm
Day 1 - Topics on the first day of the training are:
- The Discounted Cash Flow Model
- Setting up the Model
- The Big Picture of DCF Valuation
- Valuation Examples
- The Discount Rate Question
- Risk premiums and Betas
- The Cost of Debt
- Estimating Cash Flows
- Estimating Growth Rates
- Estimating Growth Patterns
- The Terminal Value
- Closing Thoughts on DCF
Day 2 - On the second day, the following issues in valuation are explored:
- Cash, Cross holdings and other assets
- The Value of Control, Synergy and Transparency
- The Liquidity Discount
- Employee Stock Options Challenges in Valuation
- Valuing young, growth companies
- Valuing mature companies in transition
- Valuing declining and distressed companies
- Valuing cyclical companies
- Valuing commodity companies
- Valuing financial service companies
- Valuing private businesses
- Relative Valuation
- Deconstructing multiples
- Comparable company valuation
Standard Fee : USD 2499
Early Bird Discount for first 30 Delegates : USD 1699
Early Bird Discount for 31-60 Delegates : USD 2199
For Sponsorship opportunity, kindly request for the proposal, we will be happy to get back to you.
For further details, please visit http://bit.ly/2DzA769. In case of any query, please email at *****@****.*** or Call / Whatsapp on +91 9650920078
Why should you sponsor?
One of the most reputed workshops with Aswath Damodaran (considered as World No.1 professor of valuation). This event will be attended by 150-200 delegates from India, China, Japan, Hong Kong,Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and ASEAN. We are expecting 40% of the crowd to be from PE/VC and rest to be CXOs in the session. For further details, please click here http://bit.ly/2gZk1Jc
Sponsoring in this workshop will definitely catapult your company to global exposure.
We will try our level best to position your brand in PE/VC, Big 4s, Law Firms,Startups and Corporate. We would want to hear your expectations so that we can work on those targets and inculcate in our plan.
Kindly request for the proposal at *****@****.***, we will be happy to get back to you.
Mr. Raj Mishra
i-Deals Network is a newly emerged group for media and events divisions. It mainly integrates News, events, training and investment platform. The company also carries out leadership, legal and finance events, including start-up activities. It is one of the very first company to take initiative to handle media and event divisions in India and Asia. It focuses on providing quality networking opportunities through both online and offline platforms to its premium clients. Its business strategy includes to endeavour fresh and unique content.
I-Deals Network has organised highly reputed workshops in Singapore, Dubai, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong and India. We have close to 300k database from ASEAN, India and Middle-East regions to whom we reach out through events.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer