About the event
BSides Tampa is an Information Technology security conference hosted by the Tampa Bay chapter of (ISC)2, a registered 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. The BSides Tampa conference focuses on providing attendees with the latest in information security research, development and exploits. The conference is hosted yearly in Tampa and features various presentations and demonstrations from the best minds in industry and academia.
Attendees are also able to attend various training classes during the conference. These training classes offer attendees individual technical courses on topics ranging from the latest in penetration testing, security exploitation or IT certification. These hands-on courses are taught by industry and subject matter experts from all over the world with the goal of defining and defending tomorrow’s information security landscape. Instead of hosting large training course all BSides Tampa training classes are purposely kept small and low cost in order for attendees to get the maximum benefit from the course and the best possible rate.
Why should you sponsor?
The Value of Sponsorship The goal of BSides is to offer small intimate events where all participants can engage each other to help develop connections, friendships, and a wide network of different industry professionals. We recognize the value in engaging a smaller audience and being the big fish in a small pond. Every organization will have different goals and priorities, which is why we offer different levels of participation for every individual, group, or organization. We specifically designed several different options to enable any sized organization to participate and support this event.
Reasons to Show Your Support We recognize your desire to not only support a great event but also to see return on your investment. The following are a list of direct benefits you may see as an event sponsor.
Brand Recognition and Awareness: Depending on the level of sponsorship, you may recognize your brand placement on some or all of the following: t-shirts, signage, lanyards, lunch sessions, events, breakout rooms, or attendee badges. Based on your level of participation, creative and custom branding may be arranged including transportation, banners, and podcast interviews.
• Big Fish, Small Pond: For some, becoming a sponsor for large events is not within their price range, limiting the options for communicating their message. BSides offers the perfect platform for these businesses to connect with both established and up-and-coming professionals. This small, community atmosphere brings together active and engaged participants who want to absorb information. Sponsoring a BSides event enables you to be that big fish in a small pond and better communicate your message to an active, receptive audience.
• Non Profit Donation: The Tampa Bay local chapter of (ISC)² is a 501c3 registered non-profit organization. A portion of your sponsorship benefits the community and is therefore tax deductible. (Consult with your tax professional about the exact percentage of your contribution that can be deducted.)
• Locate New Talent: As a sponsor attending the event, you have the ability to showcase your organization and informally screen potential new talent. The attendees at BSides are passionate and enthusiastic about cyber security. Many are newcomers to the field willing to take entry level positions and be molded to the standards of your organization. Others are seasoned professionals looking for fresh opportunities. No matter what level you are seeking candidates, BSides conferences are a great venue to talk to multiple aspirants in a short period of time. This year’s event will be held at The University of Tampa. Sponsors will have the added benefit of attracting the attention of additional students that are not specifically attending the conference. This allows a broader scope for recruiting.
• Stay in Touch with the Industry: BSides enables its supporters and participants to identify and connect with industry leaders and voices. These participants represent the social network of security. They are the people who you want to engage to solicit feedback and bring voice to your conversation.
• Keep Abreast on the Next Big Thing: Nobody knows what the “next big thing” will be, but these events are community driven with presentations voted upon by the industry. There is no magic to how it works, but we believe that listening to the underground can help prepare you and help identify what the next big thing might be.
• Media: The media coverage for BSides is massive compared to its size. Be part of the conversation and get swept up in the media. Many participants have been quoted and picked up by mainstream news sources, including National Public Radio (NPR)
The mission of the Tampa Bay Chapter of (ISC)2 is to expand the knowledge of it’s members, students and professionals in the study of information technology, network security, cryptography, cloud security penetration testing, data privacy, software security, digital forensic, legal issues in computer security, computer hacking, CTF (Capture The Flag) and malware analysis. The chapter also sponsors various training activities throughout the year in various topic such as CISSP, Cloud Security, SSCP, Digital Forensic, Penetration Testing, Software Analysis, Information Technology Security in Healthcare and Social Engineering.
The chapter is also the official host of the annual BSides Tampa Information Technology Security Conference.
The Tampa Bay chapter of (ISC)2 is a registered 501(c)3 educational non-profit organization. All donations and gifts to Tampa Bay chapter of (ISC)2 are tax deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (sections 170, 2055, 2106, 2522).
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer