About the event
Through a balanced program of research, professional development, and public education, TABE pursues the implementation of educational policies and effective bilingual-bicultural programs that promote equal educational opportunity and academic excellence for Bilingual/ESL students.
TABE firmly believes that only enrichment (additive) forms of bilingual education ensure that Bilingual/ESL students are successful academically and develop age-appropriate English proficiency. To this end, TABE fully endorses and promotes the implementation of research-based One Way/Two Way dual language programs and maintenance (late-exit) bilingual programs. -
In keeping with this fundamental mission, TABE is committed to the following guiding principles:
- To serve as a professional association for persons interested in the education of bilingual learners as limited by Article II Section B. Bilingual learners are defined as students who possess a native language other than English, regardless of instructional settings;
- To serve exclusively for educational and charitable endeavors, including the distribution of funds to organizations which qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code;
- To review and analyze the state of bilingual/bicultural education in Texas schools and exchange ideas and practices for more effective implementation as limited by Article II Section B;
- To study legislation at the state and national levels affecting the educational needs of linguistically and culturally diverse children as limited by Article II Section B; and
- To disseminate research, ideas, practices and information with policy-making bodies, such as the Texas Legislature, the State Board of Education, the Texas Education Agency, the United States Congress, and the United States Department of Education as limited by Article II Section B.
Why should you sponsor?
TABE will provide leadership and advocacy to ensure that
state funding and instructional support remain stable or increase.
TABE will invest resources to ensure continuous growth of the
organization in terms of membership and influence.
TABE will ensure constituent access to high quality
TABE will establish comprehensive plan to ensure future relevance and
financial viability of the organization.
My name is Joanne Limon and I am the exhibitor and sponsorship consultant. If you have any questions, are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the TABE conference please email me.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer