Jose Ortega Elementary School is one of San Francisco’s best-kept secrets. Our talented, energetic teachers use activity-based instruction to challenge students to reach high academic standards in literacy, math, and science. We integrate the arts, English language development, technology, and science into each classroom’s core curriculum.
José Ortega Elementary School (JOES), a school community with a culturally diverse population, providing a rich, stimulating educational experience that challenges all students to reach their full potential.
- Robust science curriculum featuring weekly hands-on experiments
- Reading and Writing Workshop programs with an on-site literacy coach
- Artist-in-residence leads a school-wide arts program
- Curriculum-linked field trips
- Culturally diverse student population
- Computers in every classroom
- Student Leadership / Student Council Program
- Green Team recycling club
- Traveling kickball program and cheerleading
- Nutrition and physical education program
- Active parent community supporting our children