About the event
Picklefest Experience is a large-scale pickleball event coming to Charlottesville in June 2018.
The event will span four days and will include the following highlights:
- An exciting evening Exhibition Match between four US Open Gold Medalists (open to the public); hosted by Glenmore Country Club
- Two-day intensive pickleball camp led by our elite pros; held at The Sheridan Snyder Tennis Center at the University of Virginia
- All-inclusive welcome dinner at Common House, the contemporary social club in downtown C'ville
- A unique and lively outdoor "tournament-festival", featuring cider tastings, food trucks, live music, product demos, prizes & giveaways, all alongside a double-elimination pickleball tournament
If you aren't aware of the sport phenomenon that is pickleball, it's considered a hybrid between tennis, ping pong, and badminton, and it has been exploding in popularity across the U.S. The pickleball community in Virginia is strong, vocal, and passionate about growing their sport.
Why should you sponsor?
FOUR REASONS TO GET INVOLVED IN C'VILLE'S PICKLEFEST EXPERIENCE:
1. PICKLEBALL IS THE NEW BLACK
What's pickleball? Only the fastest growing sport in America, according to NBC News and the 2.8 million people who play the sport. Pickleball is a hybrid of tennis, badminton, and ping pong, and it is exploding in popularity across the United States. C'ville Sports Clubs have taken notice, with nearly all of them (including Boar's Head, ACAC, Glenmore, and YMCA) creating pickleball facilities and programming in order to meet the growing demand.
2. CELEBRITY VALUE = TONS OF EYES
We are bringing 4 of the top pickleball players in the world to Charlottesville to play in an exciting Exhibition Match and coach two days of intensive pickleball camp. These athletes are the biggest names in the sport -- we expect a great deal of publicity throughout the region, and anticipate more than 100 local spectators to attend the Exhibition Match
3. UNIQUE, COMMUNITY-ENGAGING EVENT
This isn't your average local tournament. We pride ourselves in exceeding expectations when it comes to creating a top-quality, high-energy, FUN experience for our players, pros, and sponsors.
4. CREATIVE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPONSOR VISIBILITY
We like to be creative and personal in the ways we incorporate our sponsors into the event, so we can be flexible in discussing what kind of exposure/involvement the sponsor would most benefit from.
This event is organized by Weigo. Weigo llc is an online platform that provides top-tier tennis and pickleball instruction to the Charlottesville community. Our goal is to make racquet sports more affordable and accessible to the public.
About the organizers:
Megan Charity: Megan hails from South Africa, and has played and coached tennis all her life. She played on a professional league in Europe before moving to America on a tennis scholarship, and has coached in top tennis programs at the club and D1 collegiate levels. She is now a competitive pickleball player competing at the national level.
Barrett Worthington: Barrett is a Darden ’17 graduate with a background of 6 years in mobile/digital at National Geographic in DC. She has led teams of both creative and strategic nature and has extensive project management experience.
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer