About the event
Taking place in Magdalen College, among Oxford’s most magnificent colleges, the 2020 Commemoration Ball is set to be a memorable evening next June. Typically held every three years, Magdalen’s Balls are white tie events with 1,800 guests, including from undergraduates, graduates, and alumni of Magdalen and the University of Oxford as well as their guests from across the globe. Founded in 1458 these historic grounds and buildings, including the coveted deer park and the Great Tower which is the city centre’s east landmark, provide an enchanting location for this exclusive event.
Tickets will be sold early 2020 for approximately £200 each, meaning for most students this is a special evening which they spend a disproportionate amount on. Each ticket allows guests the full experience of Magdalen’s 2020 Commemoration Ball, including a champagne reception, a variety of food and other drinks, outstanding musical acts, and a range of other entertainment.
Past Magdalen balls have had the Rolling Stones, Pharrell Wiliams, Feeder, Labrinth, Chase and Status, and other leading bands and singers perform, granting Magdalen Balls a reputation for excellence.
Magdalen Ball seeks to partner with external sponsors to help host this exceptional evening. With exposure to 1,800 guests attending the event and thousands more viewing promotional material on social media in the months leading up to our ticket release, we hope to make this a worthwhile partnership for both of us.
Why should you sponsor?
The 1,800 guests constitute an exclusive target audience in a historic setting:
- Educated: consisting mainly of alumni and current students from the University of Oxford, which is consistently ranked as within the top 10 universities in the world and within the top 3 in the UK
- Affluent: spending £200+ on one evening to attend a white tie ball
- Open to engagement: as the event lasts 11 hours there will be many repeated opportunities to make a lasting impression
- Magdalen's alumni include the likes of Ian Hislop, George Osborne, Julian Barnes, Stephen Breyer, John Turner, and Malcolm Fraser to mention but a few
- Past Facebook pages have reached 1,000+ likes with thousands more views
- There will be posts across social media platforms to raise awareness before the event, starting in October 2019
- Tickets are heavily marketed and the first release takes place in early 2020, with further engagement as the date approaches
- After the event photos are posted online
- Dedicated ball website
- New social media trends (e.g. posting temporary stories) ensure that on the night itself the event is broadcast beyond the guests on-site
Magdalen College, currently ranked third out of thirty eight in the Norrington Table which ranks Oxford’s colleges according to how well the students of each college perform, has consistently had one of the most competitive and successful student bodies. The Commemoration Ball represents an opportunity for current and former students to come together to celebrate their time at Magdalen College.
Magdalen Ball 2020
M +44 79 19137923
Oxford OX1 4AU
Contact the Organizer
Contact the Organizer